Wednesday 1 February 2012

Wine Wednesday Review!

Like I posted a few weeks ago, I'm going to give you the straight run-down on a wine tonight.

Tonight we enjoyed a wonderful wine from Domaine Saint Andeol, Cairanne Cote Du Rhone Village 2007.

Also known as "Seduction", the name on the label is remarkably accurate. This is one of the best Rhones that I have had in a while.

It is full of ripe red berry on the nose and a hint of spices, like cloves and cinnamon. A slight tartness of cranberry is also present.

The palate is almost exactly as the nose with a bit of strawberry compote to boot. The acidity and alcohol is perfectly balanced. The tannins are as smooth as a silk.

We had a wonderful seared lamb chop and white bean and rosemary side, from Martha Stewart, tonight for dinner. Oh my was it the perfect match. (Here is the recipe.)

I would highly recommend this one to anyone.

Here is the icing on the cake. I picked this one up at the LCBO (click LCBO for details) for a mere $17.95 CAD.

 I know, I got a bit technical tonight, but I can tell you it is worth it!

Enjoy a glass.
Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me!