Saturday 18 February 2012

My Interview with Tracy Moore of CityLine

One of the things that has really struck me of lat is all the "Celebrities" that are getting into the wine business. Some of the early one are Dan Aykroyd, Francis Ford Coppola, and most recently Drew Barrymore, amongst many others.

All of these people have more money than know what to do with than most of us, so I wanted to find out what other well known people like to do with wine and more importantly how they like to experience it.

If you have read any of my other blog posts, I'm all about the full wine experience and how it can enrich your life and help bring back memories.

Which brings me to Tracy Moore of CityLine on Citytv.
Catch CityLine weekdays at 9am on Citytv

Tracy was kind enough to allow me to interview her about her wine experiences.

I really did find it interesting to see how some who is in the spotlight reflects on wine.

Here is what we discussed.




MWG - So the first one should be pretty simple. Do you prefer Red, Rose, or White?
TM - White.

MWG - What is your favourite everyday easy drinking wine?
TM - Usually a Riesling.

MWG - What makes a wine a "special occasion wine" for you?
TM - I don’t distinguish between special occasion wine and everyday wine.

MWG - Would you bring either of the wines you mentioned, to a dinner party at a friends house or would you bring something else?
TM - I’d probably bring a red wine because I find that’s what most people prefer. Parallel 45 or Ruffino is always a good choice.

MWG - At what level would you consider your knowledge of wine?
TM - Slim to none. I know what I like and that’s about it!

MWG - In 10 words or less, describe your favourite wine for me.
TM - My favourite wine is light, a little sweet with minimal tartness.

MWG - As we have all had some not so memorable or just down-right bad experiences that involve wine, can tell me about your most positive memorable experience and why it was so memorable?
TM - My favourite wine memory is drinking it with my husband on our honeymoon. We’re sitting on an almost empty patio in Corfu. The sun is blazing, Lio’s drinking a local beer and I am enjoying a light, white wine. Life couldn’t get any better. When I was pushing out both my babies this is the happy place I went back to!

MWG - Do you try to follow “The Rules” when it comes to red wine with red meat and white wine with white meat?
TM - Most of the time I do try to follow the rules. I’m not a huge red meat eater anyway so white is usually right.

MWG - Have you been to any wineries? If so, which one is your favourite?
TM - I haven’t visited any wineries. What’s wrong with me?!

MWG - Do you have a favourite country or region that you keep purchasing wines from?
TM - We purchase quite a bit from Portugal, Chile and the Niagara region.

MWG - What do think of Ontario wines?
TM - I LOVE Ontario wines. Some of my favourites are VQA Ontario wines. (Megalomaniac's Riesling is one of them).

MWG - Do you have any wine gadgets that you like to use?
TM - Nope.

MWG - What is the wackiest thing that you can recall about a wine experience at a restaurant?
TM - My restaurant wine experiences have been pretty uneventful. I see a menu, I order, I drink.

MWG - When you are at a restaurant, do you ever ask your server for help with a wine selection or do you look at the wine list and point?
TM - Unless I see something I already want from the list I almost always ask the server for help choosing a wine that suits my meal. They usually know the list more intimately than anyone else.

I want to say thanks for the time that Tracy spent with me on the brief discussion about wine. I also want to say that I'm glad that Tracy has a happy place that involves wine. 

It's pretty clear to me that not only Tracy, but all of us have an experience that we can look back on that makes us feel good. Isn't that what wine is all about? Something that can make us feel a little better? 

Please share with me your happy place that involves wine. I would love to hear from you about it.

Enjoy a glass.
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me!