Saturday 3 March 2012

Two Months and Not Enough Time

Wow. Can't believe that I've only been blogging for two months and have had an amazing response to both my blog and Twitter comments.

So who is the Matt the Wing Guy? Why am I doing this? What do I gain out of it? Why would you want to read about what I have to say?

All really good questions.

In two months I have gone from a guy who posted his first blog on the internets (according to Al Gore) who wanted to share his thoughts about wine with the world to more that 1,200 hits. To share them not necessarily the wine world, but regular people who enjoy wine. I know what you are thinking, I got an extra day because of the leap year, but I'll take it.

I have attended my first official wine event as a blogger, set up as many as 3 formal tastings, and registered for at least one more wine event. Interviewed national TV hosts, and lined up other people to interview from major TV shows, Heads of wine groups, and musicians in both the classical music world and main stream music. (Keep an eye out for those in the future!)

So I'm not going to answer those questions I asked earlier. I also like to make people do some work (yes I'm lazy - or at least efficient).

As for who I am, I was going to say that I used to be one of those people who just like wine, but I'm wrong. I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE! I like my wine and really don't like to have all the wine "talk" shoved down my throat.

I like to try new wines and explore the world of wine, but you have to be cautious. There are a lot of reviews out there that are bad at reviewing wines. I'm not saying that I'm a terrific reviewer, but does that really matter? Not at all the real reviewer is you!

So as for time, time is one of the few constants in the world. It can go by fast at times and be deathly slow at others.

One thing that I would love if you could do the next time you have a glass of wine is to make sure that you make the time go a little slower. Enjoy the wine you are drinking, what ever it is.

Try to have the wine express its emotions with you and you with it. I know that sounds corny, but take a minute, take a deep breath and enjoy a glass.

Thanks for reading and I hope you read on.
Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me!